Monday, May 2, 2011

Tory Burch Reva Ballet Flats

I just got these babies as a birthday present.  Well actually, I got an 'Ayala Malls EGC (Electronic Gift Certificate)' as a gift but I was actually thinking of choosing things that I needed like a camera bag & a new luggage, or a pair of sunglasses since I do not have one & its the middle of summer now & it's really really hot & sunny here in Manila. 


After my usual LONG 'shopping debate',  I finally got convinced that I should pick something more special, something that I don't need but would love to have & appreciate.  They suggested a pair of Tory Burch Reva Ballet Flats which didn't even cross my mind before because I find them too expensive for a pair of flats.


So, there we were inside Tory Burch in Greenbelt 5.  It took me more about half an hour to try & feel the shoes, and another hour to decide on which color!  I have always been one of those 'super slow shopper' because I usually think about all the items I purchase, whether it be clothes, shoes, bags, perfume, or beauty products.   I always ask myself-- do I need it? Is it worth it? Is it a classic? How often can I use it? What are the ingredients in this product? And after deciding that I'll get something, it'll usually take me another half an hour or more to choose a color.  In this case, the distressed leather ballet flats in gold caught my attention but ended up choosing a classic color, the dark brown variant, as my first pair.



THE VERDICT:
1. The first day I wore them, it was complete torture.  Yes, it did make my outfit look a LOT better even if I was just wearing a pair of dark skinny jeans & a light yellow polo shirt.  It magically transformed my get up from 6 to 9!
But as much as it made my outfit dressed up, the pain & sacrifice was equally at the same level.  'Breaking in' these shoes are very uncomfortable.  After 1 1/2 hour, I couldn't bare the pain anymore & so I bought a pair of slippers.


2. The second time I wore it was 2 days after.  I had dinner with my family & went around the mall after.  I was worried that they would hurt my feet again but I knew I had to wear it again or else I wouldn't break it in.  Plus, it made my outfit look a lot better again & this time I was wearing a dress.  To my surprise, after about 45 minutes, my feet still didn't feel the slightest pain!  The shoes felt so light & soft.  The longer I wore it, the nicer & more comfortable it became!  It seems as if the leather became softer & that it molded as if it were made for my very own feet. :)



Would I recommend this?
If you're like me who loves wearing flats, my answer is 100% YES.  


Why?
  • It's the most comfortable flats I've ever owned
  • It's a classic, the design seems to never go out of style
  • These flats can be worn with any outfit.  It can glam up any outfit but it can also be worn perfectly on toned-down & simple ensembles
  • The flats itself are simple but the big emblem logo makes it look very elegant & fashionable but not too flashy
  • It is true to it's size
  • You can wear it with anything
  • Easy to pack, it's very light & thin.  It's convenient for travel, it even fits my purse
  • Has many designs to choose from.  They have plain patent leather, distressed leather, leopard patent leather, suede, snake skin, satin, metallic, glitter & napa
  • You can collect them because they have new colors & styles every season
  • As for longevity, I think it lasts for a very long time because my friend has had her pair for 3 years & it still looks nice & new











I suggest to buy online as the collection here available in Manila is very limited.



No comments:

Post a Comment